ARI – Residence Permit for Investment Activity
Investing in Portugal, ranked as the 3rd safest country in the world (2021 Global Peace Index), and having access to one of the most advantageous GOLDEN VISA programs in the world.
Requirements for 2022
– 1.500.000€ minimum amount of Capital Transfer to a bank account in Portugal.
Investment in Real Estate
– €500,000 minimum investment value in the acquisition of a property (residential property is eligible within the country);
– €350,000 minimum investment value in the acquisition of a property with more than 30 years of construction (residential property is eligible in the interior of the country);
– €280,000 minimum investment value in the acquisition of a property in areas of low population density, or in the archipelagos of Madeira and Azores.
Investment in Scientific Research Activities
– €500,000 for investment in Scientific Research Activities by public or private entities, or an investment of €400,000 if the entity is located in sparsely populated areas, or in the archipelagos of Madeira and Azores.
Investment in Artistic output or supporting the Arts
– €250,000 minimum investment amount in support of artistic production, recovery or maintenance of cultural heritage. The minimum investment will be €200,000 in sparsely populated areas, or in the archipelagos of Madeira and Azores.
Incorporation or Increase of the Share Capital of a Commercial Society
– €500,000 minimum investment in the Constitution or Increase in the Share Capital of a Commercial Company headquartered in Portugal, with a minimum of five permanent ones, and for a minimum period of three years. The minimum investment will be €400,000 in sparsely populated areas, or in the archipelagos of Madeira and Azores.
Acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital funds
– €500,000 minimum investment value for the acquisition of investment funds or venture capital funds. The company must be at least 5 years old and 60% of the shares must be headquartered in Portugal.
Source: SEF | Values between October 2012 and July 2021
The ARI – Residence Permit for Investment Activity (Golden Visa), is a Portuguese investment residency program.
With low minimum stay requirements (only necessary to spend 7 days in Portugal in the fifth year). After a period of 5 years with the ARI, you are granted citizenship and a Portuguese passport. This visa allows you to enjoy the benefits of having an European Citizenship, without living in Portugal permanently.
This visa allows the holder to extend all its benefits to his family , requesting family reunification. By family is meant: spouse, children, parents, siblings or dependents of the spouses, with some restrictions.
Making a qualified investment any citizen over 18years old ouside the EU (European Union), can apply to Golden Visa in Portugal.
This program is one of the most popular programs because the process is easier and cheaper compared to other citizenship programs in Europe.
To apply for the Golden Visa, the application can be made by you or through a company in the European Union that you own. For you to be consider qualified for this program, you need to make an investment or to maintain it for a minimum period of 5 years and have no criminal record. The program requires a minimum investment of €250,000, and the investor can choose from a variety of investment options.
Investment options :
– Capital Transfer of at least 1,500,00€;
– Acquire Real Estate worth more than 500,00€ in Portugal. If the investment is in a low-density area in Portugal, the minimum amount decreases by 20%, to 400,00€;
– Investment in property renovation in eligible properties over 30 years old or located in designated urban rehabilitation areas (ARU) for a minimum of 350,000€ in Portugal;
– At least 500,000€ of investment in a qualified portuguese fund;
– Making of at least 10 new full-time jobs in a portuguese company owned by the main applicant;
– Investment of at least 500,000€ in a portuguese company, where it has to created a minimum of 5 new full-time jobs for at least 3 years;
– Minimum investment of 250,000€ in the conservation of Portugal’s National Heritage, or minimum investment of 500,000€ in a research and development activity in Portugal.